Dr. Bender supervises naturopathic medicine students in Team Care at Bastyr Center for Natural Health, and is adjunct faculty at Bastyr University. He also works in private practice in Seattle.
Dr. Bender's clinical interests include General Practice, LGBTQ health, and mental health. He applies comprehensive approaches including dietary/lifestyle modifications, botanical medicine, and homeopathy to treat a variety of health concerns.
Dr. Bender's healing philosophy involves an integrative approach to wellness, combining the best of naturopathic medicine with conventional techniques to support patients foundationally and comprehensively. He believes in empowering patients to make informed decisions regarding their health care, and emphasizes support and guidance in achieving health care goals.
- Bastyr University – One Year Residency, Bastyr Center for Natural Health, 2014-2015
- Bastyr University — Student Counselor (1 year), Bastyr Student Counseling Center
- Baylor College of Medicine — Clinical Researcher (2 years), Cardiovascular Medicine
Education & Affiliations;
- Bastyr University, Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, 2014
- Connecticut College, Bachelor of Arts in Cellular and Molecular Biology, 2007
- Member of the Washington Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Member of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians