Didactic adjunct faculty for physical examination and diagnosis, botanical medicine classes, counseling and behavioral medicine classes.
ND clinical adjunct faculty.
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine - Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA, June 2016
Completed an accredited program of coursework and supervised practice in primary care, botanical, homeopathic, nutritional, and physical medicine modalities.
Bachelor of Arts, Major in Biology, Minor in Anthropology - Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO, June 2001
Autoimmune disease, Digestive disorders especially IBD, Environmental Medicine, Mind Body Medicine/Biofeedback/Behavioral Medicine
Past Professional Experience:
Teaching Assistant - Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA, 2012 – 2016
Freelance Educator, Owner - Actaea Botanicals, Seattle & Colorado, 2007 – 2012
Botanical Restoration Researcher - ESCO & Associates, Colorado, Arizona, Wyoming, 2005
Collected and assessed botanical data in grassland ecosystems for open-pit coal mining operations
WANP (Washington Association of Naturopathic Practitioners)
NAEM (National Association of Environmental Medicine)
AHG (American Herbalist Guild)
Awards and Recognitions:
- Venture Grant Recipient, “Hydrotherapy in Germany, a Study of Sebastian Kneipp and The Roots of Naturopathic Medicine, Bastyr University,” 2016
- NMSA Travel Grant Recipient, “Hydrotherapy Training at Sebastian Kneipp School,” 2016
- Bastyr University ND Department Scholarship Award for Outstanding Achievements, 2015
- Conference Grant Award Recipient, “Herbal Differential Diagnosis: American Herbalist Guild Symposium Highlights and How To Bridge the Herbal World with Naturopathic Medicine,” 2013
- AmeriCorps Alumni Scholarship, AmeriCorps, 2012 – 2013