Dr. Bayer supervises acupuncture students at Bastyr Center for Natural Health. She is also a clinical associate in medicine at the University of Washington School of Medicine, and she works in private practice in Seattle.
Dr. Bayer's clinical interests include treatment of musculoskeletal disorders and pain management.
Dr. Bayer has been a faculty member at the former Northwest Institute of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Seattle and at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in San Diego. She also was an acupuncture diagnostician for the National Institutes of Health-funded Group Health Cooperative SPINE study.
- DAOM, Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, Portland, Oregon, 2014
- Advanced Rolfing Certification, 2009
- MA, Chinese Language and Literature, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1982
- Certificate, International Acupuncture Training Course, Beijing Academy of TCM, Beijing, China, 1985
- Certificate in Acupuncture, California Acupuncture College, San Diego, CA, 1986
- Certification in Rolfing Structural Integration, Rolf Institute, Boulder, CO, 2004