Dr. Dean is an adjunct faculty member at Bastyr Center, where he oversees students in ayurvedic medicine appointments. He also works in the Bastyr University Research Institute and teaches classes in various aspects of ayurveda.
Dr. Deans’s clinical interests include Panchakarma (ayurvedic detoxification)
"Since we are part of nature healing should ensure that we maintain and support that connection when healing is asked."
Dr. Dean worked for 30 years as an allopathic urologist.
- St. Louis University, St. Louis, Mo., Bachelor of Science, 1964-1968
- University of Nebraska, Omaha, Neb., Doctor of Medicine, 1968-1972
- Internship, Highland County Hospital, Oakland, Calif., 1972-1973
- Board certification, urology, 1980
- Mindbody Medicine, Chopra organization, 1994-2002
- Yoga Teacher Training, Amrit Yoga, Oscala, Fla., 500 hour, 2004-2005
- Fellowship, Ayurvedic Medicine, 2011-2014
- AyurYoga certification, Ayurvedic Institute, 500 hour, 2011-2014
- Member of the American Urological Association and National Ayurvedic Medical Association