Matt Goldenberg, PsyD
Dr. Goldenberg supervises counseling shifts at Bastyr Center for Natural Health.
Dr. Goldenberg's clinical interests include intersections of sociopolitical location and healing from trauma, grief and loss, use of mindfulness and meditation for treatment of anxiety and depression, and utilizing harm-reduction methods for overcoming addictions.
Dr. Goldenberg sees the patient-provider relationship as a collaborative journey in which each party is responsible and vulnerable for creating change. As many patients seek a reduction in symptoms and an elevated sense of control in their lives, Dr. Goldenberg feels that each intervention should be catered towards the patient’s needs and stage of readiness for change. This includes use of multiple theories and interventions, inviting feedback from patients in terms of the applicability of the treatment, and Dr. Goldenberg’s commitment to continuous education and curiosity.
Education & Affiliations
- BS in Human Services from Lesley University, 2003
- Masters of Arts in Psychology, Exisential-Phenomenological Emphasis from Seattle University, 2008
- Internship completed at Childhaven, Seattle
- Doctor of Clinical Psychology, from The Wright Institute (American Psychological Association accredited) 2013
- Internship completed at the University of Washington Counseling Center, Seattle (American Psychological Association accredited) 2012-2013
- Member of the American Psychological Association, Division 44 (Division for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Concerns)
- WA State Psychological Association
- World Professional Association of Transgender Health
- Psychologists for Social Responsibility