Ways To Eat Weight-Consciously
- Eat a high-fiber diet of vegetables, fruits, grains, beans and nuts.
- Eat more toward the beginning of the day and don't eat after 8 pm.
- Eat three meals plus two snacks, at regular intervals.
- Avoid your food sensitivities.
- Eat "white foods" sparingly (white pastas, white rice, etc.).
- Eat whole grains: look for the word "whole" on package labels.
- Replace saturated and trans fats with unsaturated fats.
- Eat healthier sources of protein such as nuts, beans, fish and eggs.
- Drink nourishing liquids — water, herbal tea and soups.
- Eat mindfully in restaurants and split desserts with other people.
- Eat slowly. This gives the stretch receptors in the stomach a chance to tell the brain that you are getting full.
- Take the time to prepare healthy meals. If you work a full-time job, prepare reserves of healthy snacks and lunches at the beginning of each week.
- If you repeatedly fail to keep off weight or lose weight, seek outside consultation to determine possible underlying causes, either mental/emotional or physical
Writer: Sydney Maupin, Staff Writer
Contributor: Lauren Oktay, ND
Take the next step to reaching and/or maintaining your healthy weight. Make an appointment today.
Or browse more Health Conditions and Concerns.