Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook That Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats
By Sally Fallon
New Trends Publishing, Inc., revised 1999
Recalling the culinary customs of our ancestors and looking ahead to a future of robust good health for young and old, Nourishing Traditions offers modern families a fascinating guide to wise food choices and proper preparation techniques. Nutrition researcher Sally Fallon unites the wisdom of the ancients with the latest independent and accurate scientific research.
This revised and updated second edition contains over 700 delicious recipes that will please both exacting gourmets and busy parents.
The author explains what that the “diet dictocrats” don’t want you to know, including that:
- Your body needs old-fashioned animal fats.
- Polyunsaturated oils can be bad for you.
- Modern whole grain products can cause health problems.
- Traditional sauces promote digestion and assimilation.
- Modern food processing denatures our foods.
- Ancient preservation methods actually increase nutrients in fruits, nuts, vegetables, meats and milk products.
Visit the Bastyr Dispensary − your source for books on natural health care and more.
Back to recommended reading list.